History

Built in 1846 by George Milton Morse, the Mill was first used as a cotton textile mill and later as a cold storage facility for the area's apple farmers. Except for a short period, the Mill has been in continuous use since 1846.

Today the Mill has been restored and refurbished, and once again continues to play an important role in the commerce of Putnam and the surrounding area.